Celebrating our Seniors
Check below for updated Senior Cruise details happening Thursday June 11th
Let’s get all the graduating Kirkland seniors to celebrate together by bringing back the 1980’s and cruising Lake Washington Blvd. Decorate your car, wear your cap & gown and bring a parent to drive and cruise to cheer and celebrate with the community and all the other graduating seniors that call Kirkland home.
When: June 11th at 7:45pm
Where: We will have 2 starting points for cars to group to start. One at Juanita beach park area and the South Kirkland Park and Ride. Both of the routes will leave at the same time, and meet up on Lake Washington Blvd to celebrate together.
· We strongly encourage parents to drive so that their Senior can celebrate and not be distracted by driving.
· Show your school spirit, wear your cap & gown or high school colors
· Please follow all traffic laws and stop lights/signs… Everyone will end up on Lake Washington Blvd and be able to celebrate together…. Safety is most important
· Please follow the rules of the governors reopening plan and adhere to the social distancing rules… For this reason, we are not able to congregate to take pictures outside of the cars
· After cruising Lake Washington Blvd the event will disperse and we encourage everyone to head home
· Please arrive with the cars pre-decorated and stay in your car with your driver
· We ask that anyone who wants to watch and celebrate the seniors do not line up as they would for a true parade, please be mindful of social distancing.
· The intent is to drive Lake Washington Blvd, adhering to all traffic laws and ask that cars do not stop to talk to people out walking on the sidewalks.
· There is no end point, as you reach the downtown and Carillion point areas, please safely turn around and head back the other direction.
We hope this will be a fun and safe way to celebrate our seniors and first responders during this unfortunate time. We also hope the route will allow all the seniors to be celebrated by the community who is down along the waterfront and celebrate each other as they pass along lake Washington Blvd.
200 LWHS Class of 2020 Street Signs
are posted throughout Kirkland
We have purchased a Kang Bandana for Each Senior.
Once we finalize where to pick them up we will post it here.
Shout Out to all our Seniors to honor their graduation.
Banners will be up June 8-19th on NE 70th and Lake Street
Juanita Beach Park - Fire Station 21
Route 1 will get on 98th ave and pass Station 21 to celebrate our first responders. It will then go down Market Street and turn left on Central way and then Right at the light to get onto Lake Washington Blvd. At this point this route will merge in with Route 2 and celebrate on Lake Washington Blvd
South Kirkland Park & Ride - Fire Station 22
Route 2 will start at the South Kirkland Park and Ride and turn left out of the park and ride onto 108th. This route will pass station 22 to celebrate our first responders. Then turn left at the light on 70th/68th street and head down lake view drive. At the light by Carillon point they will go right onto Lake Washington Blvd to meet up with Route 1.